Integrated Health Systems
This Integrated Health Systems (IHS) series is a group of courses aimed to prepare today’s physician leader for the newer initiatives available for managing the constant kaleidoscope-like shifting in today’s health care industry. Led by experts in health care leadership and legality, each course will build you a larger picture of the intricate yet dynamic world of health care models.
This begins with a deep dive into today’s prominent clinical care models developed to offset the rising costs and growing patient care requirements. Uncover the financial and structural considerations surrounding bundled payments while revealing the popularity behind foundations, employment agreements and accountable care organizations (ACOs). Step through key courtroom cases and their impact on the health care industry, gaining focus on such issues of physician employment and agreements, Medicaid, fraud and abuse, tax benefits and the Stark Law.
Learners will examine all the elements of a mature integrated health system and how each one is vital to leadership success. This includes building and designing strategies and examining the internal and external considerations for leadership integration, policy and execution. This instructional series will reaffirm your commitment to a unified physician support structure yet solidify the position of the patient as priority number one.
Integrated Health Systems: Clinical Integration
- Examine the shifting clinical and economic trends in patient care delivery.
- Identify the recent institutional and legislative responses to today’s health care reality.
- Explore opportunities for physician alignment and the continuum of transformation.
- Analyze the history and mechanics of the accountable care organization (ACO).
- Examine critical success factors, payment methods and co-management agreements.
- Review case studies that illustrate clinical integration models.
Integrated Health Systems: Financial and Legal Considerations
- Explore a series of key courtroom decisions that have directly impacted physician functional arrangements.
- Review the various areas of tax, finance and fiduciary responsibilities modified by recent case law.
- Recognize the various regulations that can affect physician hospital integration.
- Describe the models for physician arrangement or alignment and their respective methods for working with stakeholders.
- Review case studies that demonstrate how common models are implemented.
Integrated Health System: Physician Engagement
- Determine the variables required for successful system integration
- Recognize the importance of the inclusion (or “buy-in”) of an engaged, effective physician in the success of an organizational plan.
- Diffuse visionary goals and strategy for your organization to clearly relate the system’s future to your stakeholders.
- Identify methods that will develop both trust and confidence between (and/or among) organizational stakeholders.
- Create effective and accountable leadership structures.
- Design a physician-approved performance measurement dashboard that generates relevant data in order to direct process improvement.
- Implement effective physician training and development programs as derived from physician engagement tools and their resulting metrics.
- Implement a system-based culture using a code of conduct to manage difficult physician behavior.
Integrated Health System: Drivers, Design & Strategy
- Identify the many risks and concerns leaders face when integrating a health care delivery system (IHS) into an organization.
- Explore both competing and coordinating factors that should be considered when designing and executing an IHS strategy.
- Identify the key considerations in the governance and management of integrated health systems.
- Distinguish the characteristics of the various group practice models.
- Review the types of integrating events and how they recognize value.
- Consider the key questions in capital planning for an IHS.
- Identify evaluation processes for determining success.