Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Communication
- Interpret non-verbal cues and word use that can communicate intent.
- Determine personal communication style and personality type.
- Develop strategies for building relationships and working with others.
- Understand the four communication styles based on the DiSC psychometric assessment.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Finance
- Define and apply basic concepts of finance.
- Understand the four types of accounting.
- Analyze fiscal reports to evaluate organizational performance.
- Apply financial principles to make informed decisions.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Negotiation
- Uncover the proven, step-by-step structure to negotiate anything.
- Analyze the three parameters that keep negotiators protected during a discussion.
- Understand exactly when to walk away from a negotiation.
- Develop strategies to create win/win situations for all parties.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Quality
- Assess the impact of financial and quality disruptors driving a consumer-centric health care system.
- Examine the elements of quality improvement theories and frameworks.
- Understand how the history of quality and safety have impacted current health reform.
- Identify the components needed to develop a culture of training.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Influence
- Identify core values which guide leadership styles and decision making.
- Discover current leadership level and potential personal impact.
- Explore processes for leading a team, tribe and organization.
- Develop strategies to maximize productivity of teams and individuals
Method Of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Watch all the video lectures for each course.
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
Access to Course Expires: 365 days from start date of course
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this enduring material for a maximum of 31.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Cancellation policy: Registrations are eligible for a full refund or transfer to another course (that occurs within 12 months) for up to 72 hours after purchase. A $100 processing fee applies to cancellations or transfers after 72 hours, but before the cancellation deadline of April 5, 2018. Cancellations after April 5, 2018, are not eligible for refund or transfer.
Registrations may not be transferred to another person at any time. All refunds will be issued to the original form of payment. Refunds or transfers are not available if testing has occurred or CME has been claimed.