- Define the role of the physician executive in leading and managing strategic innovation and change.
- Distinguish between a compelling vision and a “burning platform.”
- Identify the top reasons organizational change efforts fail and how to prevent failure.
- Describe the six steps of the Blueprint of Successful Change Model.
- Handle resistance, rather than fear or fight resistance.
- Differentiate between leading and managing innovation and change from transition.
- Develop 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day action plans.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Access to Live Course Expires: 365 days from start date of course
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Cancellation policy: Registrations are eligible for a full refund or transfer to another course (that occurs within 12 months) for up to 72 hours after purchase. A $100 processing fee applies to cancellations or transfers after 72 hours, but before the cancellation deadline of January 8, 2018. Cancellations after January 8, 2018., are not eligible for refund or transfer.
Registrations may not be transferred to another person at any time. All refunds will be issued to the original form of payment. Refunds or transfers are not available if testing has occurred or CME is claimed.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn 10.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC point’s equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.