Welcome to American Association for Physician Leadership!
Usher your health care organization into the era of precision medicine and population health with the skills learned in this course. For 2 ½ days, you’ll be able to engage in various discussions and participate in practical exercises that will help you better understand how informatics and data can improve patient care and safety as well as overall operations. Harness the power of data and informatics today by registering for this course available at the Winter Institute.
As part of this blended learning experience, you'll participate in both webinars and a live learning event. Additional details will be sent by Jan. 4, 2019.
Pre-conference webinar: 1/10 @ 2 pm EST Post-conference webinar: 2/7 @ 2 pm EST
24 Total CME
No page specified. To populate this tab, choose which page you wish to display in Theme Settings under the Product Pages heading.
• Explain the critical roles of informatics and data in patient care and management and how provider informaticians add value to your health system
• Build, organize, and empower a team of provider informaticians to support required informatics activities and act as a liaison between clinicians and IT
• Design and maintain an efficient and transparent IT governance structure to effectively manage IT projects, upgrades, and user requests
• Describe the criteria for and value of a clinical decision support program that both improves patient care and supports provider workflows
• Create and support a robust data governance structure that will enable the use of data for improved patient care, increased operational efficiency, research and innovation, and medical informatics education
• Understand how to incorporate, analyze and utilize clinical and non-clinical sources of data for day-to-day patient care and operational activities and how to advance health at the individual and population levels
• Utilize the skills learned as a physician leader to effectively lead a multidisciplinary team of health care and technical professionals to manage disruptive and innovative informatics-driven change
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
Access to Course Expires: 365 days from purchase date of course
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this live activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Cancellation policy: Registrations are eligible for a full refund or transfer to another course (that occurs within 12 months) for up to 72 hours after purchase. A $100 processing fee applies to cancellations or transfers after 72 hours, but before the cancellation deadline of January 3, 2019. Cancellations after January 3. 2019, are not eligible for refund or transfer.
Registrations may not be transferred to another person at any time. All refunds will be issued to the original form of payment. Refunds or transfers are not available if testing has occurred or CME has been claimed.