- Review the quality and safety problems that serve as requirements for CDS and the role of information technology in quality improvement.
- Discuss a framework for CDS and the multiple ways that decision making can be supported.
- Analyze the limitations to expansion of CDS.
- Evaluate how clinical decision support information is created and implemented.
- Review national efforts and current research advancing clinical decision support.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Original Course Release Date: June 2011
Course Review and Renewal Date: June 2014
Course Expiration Date: December 2016
Access to Course Expires: 365 days from purchase date of course
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Registrations are eligible for full refund or transfer to another course (that occurs within 12 months) for up to 72 hours after purchase. A $100 processing fee applies to cancellations or transfers after 72 hours but before 30 days have elapsed. Cancellations after 30 days from purchase date are not eligible for refund or transfer.
Registrations may not be transferred to another person at any time. All refunds will be issued to the original form of payment. Refunds or transfers are not available if testing has occurred or CME is claimed.