- Detail the role of physicians in understanding the federal and national move from volume to value.
- State the requirements and knowledge necessary to create sustainable and reliable billing practices.
- Identify the groupings of diagnoses determined to be related clinically (DRG); MS-DRG and APR-DRG and role of Case Mix Index (CMI).
- Discuss the importance and impact of Length of Stay (LOS), Severity of Illness (SOI) and Risk of Mortality (ROM).
- Outline the design details and implementation strategy for ICD-10 changes from ICD-9.
- Describe the principal components of population-based care, and how ICD-10 will help improve population health.
- Apply strategies for influencing physician behavior to improve coding-effectiveness.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Original Course Release Date: January 2016
Course Expiration Date: January 2019
Access to Course Expires: 365 days from purchase date of course
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
Registrations are eligible for full refund or transfer to another course (that occurs within 12 months) for up to 72 hours after purchase. A $100 processing fee applies to cancellations or transfers after 72 hours but before 30 days have elapsed. Cancellations after 30 days from purchase date are not eligible for refund or transfer.
Registrations may not be transferred to another person at any time. All refunds will be issued to the original form of payment. Refunds or transfers are not available if testing has occurred or CME is claimed.