At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the key stakeholders in the U.S. health care system and the complex interrelationships that influence population health outcomes.
- Explore the intricacies of the population health paradigm, including strategies for improving tomorrow's population health management.
- Examine the economic concept of risk and how the application of risk management theory can alter population health outcomes..
- Review the application of data analytics and performance measurement tools for improving success. .
- Explain the role of quality improvement in the context of population health management.
- Describe how a population health perspective can affect health care priorities in the areas of prevention, public health and health policy.
- Identify the significance of managing dimensions of wellness in longterm human health.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Original Course release Date: January 2017
Course Expiration Date: January 2020
Access to Course Expires : 365 Days from date of purchase
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Association for Physician Leadership® and Jefferson College of Population Health. The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Registrations are eligible for full refund or transfer to another course (that occurs within 12 months) for up to 72 hours after purchase. A $100 processing fee applies to cancellations or transfers after 72 hours but before 30 days have elapsed. Cancellations after 30 days from purchase date are not eligible for refund or transfer.
Registrations may not be transferred to another person at any time. All refunds will be issued to the original form of payment. Refunds or transfers are not available if testing has occurred or CME is claimed.